Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 5 of 365 feeling more gratitude with each day

I am gaining momentum each day that I consciously practice this exercise. It is fun and the benefits are already taking shape! New habits in the way I think, feel and interpret my surroundings have been noticed by my kids. It is fun and exciting!!

Yesterday it was just me taking the kids to Target to do a Christmas list and then to the mall to see Santa. Yes it is still November but having 2 out of 3 kids part time sometimes you just have to do things early :) I thought it was going to be tough since Hunter doesn't like to go shopping or should I say the way I want him to shop. Which usually consists of him sitting in the cart so I can get done fast. He likes to touch, explore and pick his own things out so usually half my time I shop the other half you hear me calling his name and chasing after him. He is a great way to get card in during the day! :)
But, remembering the day before lesson I decided nope it is going to be fun. We got out of Target with our Christmas wish lists in hand! Went to the mall where Hunter played in the fake snow before seeing Santa. He was such a joy to watch! The mall had this huge dome and inside you walked in and it was the witches ice castle from the movie Narnia. Fake snow fell from the ceiling and Hunter played with the snow on the floor. Then he would look up with wonder as it fell. What I noticed was an employee that just stood there started to change in her body language. She was bored when we got there or something was wrong, but as I laughed and smiled watching Hunter she too did the same! It was great to notice the effects Hunter, Ash, Leigh and I had on her! Hunter was very interested in how it was coming from the ceiling but none the less was blowing the snow to make it float. Running through it to scatter it and throwing it up in the air to watch it float back down. I told him it was like watching bubbles float. :)

The rest of the day was amazing, kids got along and were helpful. We invited a neighborhood kid over for dinner and made spaghetti tacos! So yummy and we laughed all through dinner at the table. The little girl said at their house they sit in front of the TV and eat. She loved sitting at our table with us and laughing. What a great feeling!!

I can not express how much inside of me has changed just in 5 days!! It feels great and I have 360 more to go!! I realize now more than ever whatever story you tell, whether it is good or bad, will be the story you live in your life! So start looking at life differently if you want some parts to change! You do have the power in your mind to change it all! Discipline of your thoughts is the first step! There is no wrong way to start just starting is an accomplishment! You will start and stop and start again and that's the process. Just make the time between the stop and start shorter each time :)

Sending you love and happiness! Remember to look for your miracles today to get more of them! Peace between my kids was a huge blessing and miracle and one that I expressed a lot of thanks for!! Why? To bring more of that into our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment