Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 17 out of 365 Symbols

Wow!! Time is flying by!
I love who I am, and reward myself with thoughts of praise. ~Louise Hay

I was reminded over this holiday weekend of how important Stars are in my life. A symbol of I do not walk alone on this earth. It is always comforting to know someone else is with you in spirit at all times. :) During heartache, troubles, even good times the Star symbol has been presented to me and I had ignored it up until recently. Back when I was 4 a Sunday School teacher told me that God was always with me. I asked how she knew that because I couldn't see him. She told me to pick my most favorite symbol and he would put that symbol in my life to show me He was still there. At this moment in time I was surrounded by Christmas decorations and chose the Star on top of the tree at church. Looking back over the memories in my life I remember seeing that Star being placed in front of me. Whether it was on paper, someone saying you are a superstar or stars in the sky. It's funny how many times I have been shown and didn't take comfort in knowing I am not alone. When so often in the past 6 years I felt so alone and on my own.
Do you have a symbol that is shown to you? Do you take comfort in knowing you are not alone in this world?

I also love snowflakes because they look like beautiful stars. :)

Much love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment