Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 37 Winter cleaning

Do you do your spring cleaning only in the spring? Or how about only when you are going to host a big tada in your home? I have done huge spring cleanings not only in the spring but in the summer, winter and fall too. Every year the day after Christmas the tree comes down and all the decorations go back into the holiday closet. Except for the outside lights (I try to keep those up as long as my husband will let me) then the dreaded words "Today is the day we are going to start cleaning everything out!) Now those words are dreaded to my kids because they know I like to everything wiped down, donated, thrown away before New Years Day arrives! I love my house feeling super clean and de-cluttered! Everything has its own place I tell the kids and the time is drawing near to begin.

I do these super cleanings because in a way it if free therapy for me. It signals change and a fresh start to the new year is showing. All the old stuff is being thrown away or given on freecycle, stuff that we no longer use, broken or just has bad memories tied to it. Each object carries with it, its own energy, and I don't know about you but I love good energy in my home. I also break out my Feng Shui books and re-read the areas I want to activate in my home and spruce those up too. :)

These cleaning can also be done on our brains and looking at ones self in the mirror. If the ends of your hair are all frayed go get a trim, if your clothes have holes in them go get a new shirt or two. If you want a new job then pace yourself and set aside a day to send out resumes, job search on the web and market yourself.  Make a calender of days you will set aside for yourself. Pick an activity you haven't done yet and get started on it! I have a list of things I want to do in each room of the house.  Like paint walls, clean carpets, furniture, backyard landscaping plans and so on. It's fun to get creative and go towards reaching a goal for that particular room. Remember you don't have to have it done in a day. It usually takes me about a week to tackle my whole house. I even do the yards!! But in the end it feels great. You can celebrate your new year with cleanliness inside and outside your home and it burns tons of calories!!

Much love to you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment